Happy New Year! Here are my thoughts on the big stories of 2019, some highlights for C Bishop Law in 2019, and my resolutions for 2020.
- PFAS – EPA and states are continuing to become more aware of PFAS chemicals. More states are starting to require testing for PFAS as part of an investigation, and many states have set very low limits for certain PFAS. I see this trend continuing in 2020.
- Agency staff lack of experience – As I mentioned in my blog about TCEQ going rogue, many agency staff are inexperienced and ask for additional information that is not legally or technically required. I also, unfortunately, see this trend continuing in 2020.
- Commercial real estate is hot – I am working on a lot of commercial real estate transactions. Buyer and sellers need to be aware of environmental impacts to avoid surprises by doing a Phase I Environmental Site assessment and possibly an environmental compliance audit. Read my blog post for more information on this topic.
2019 Highlights for C Bishop Law PC
- Recognized as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Had a nice brochure done to highlight my mediation/cost allocation practice. Thanks to my great marketing team at Muse Communications
- Spoke at the 2019 Oil & Gas Environmental Conference on Environmental Due Diligence in The Oilfield – A Necessary Evil?
Resolutions for 2020 (in random order)
- Reduce time on social media for non-work related topics.
- Don’t multi-task. Every client deserves my undivided attention.
- Keep pushing back on agency actions.
- Continue to reduce clutter (in my house and at the office).
- Enjoy life more (including devoting more time to my garden. See my results for 2019 below).
Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2020!
Cindy Bishop – email@example.com